Anais Nin: You live like this, sheltered, in a delicate world, and you believe you are living. Then you read a book… or you take a trip… and you discover that you are not living, that you are hibernating. The symptoms of hibernating are easily detectable: first, restlessness. The second symptom (when hibernating becomes dangerous and might degenerate into death): absence of pleasure. That is all. It appears like an innocuous illness. Monotony, boredom, death. Millions live like this (or die like this) without knowing it. They work in offices. They drive a car. They picnic with their families. They raise children. And then some shock treatment takes place, a person, a book, a song, and it awakens them and saves them from death. Some never awaken.

3.11.2008

Second Chances: Part Two

Some people deserve second chances. But not everyone.. everybody isn't worth the labor.

It is an honest mistake to trust someone again after you give them a second chance. But the pain that comes after they hurt you again is indeed a stab in the back. It hurts far worse than you thought it would. It hurts far worse because the only person you feel you have to blame is yourself.

That's why you have to really be careful about how you give out your limited supply of second chances to. It SHOULD be a painstaking decision, because you are gambling with that persons fate in your life.  You are gambling with your fate as an intelligent, decision-making person who deserves far more(positive/negative, ... you decide) than what you are receiving. 

That is why I'm stressing the decisions you make, reader. I care despite the fact that I don't even know you, have never seen your face, and probably will never ever see you in my lifetime. I am going through the same thing. I am writing this as it is being experienced, as the shit hits the fan and as I try to figure out who I am. 

As for the questions that you should be asking yourself to examine your situation, well, I really don't even know what I want to ask myself. So you won't get any. Yep, were going to figure this out together... 

As a side note, I'd like to point out that you should consider your role in everyone else's life.

What makes you think that YOU of all people deserve a second chance to someone else? 

No comments: