I really think that my life is boring FOREAL NOW...
South By South West was this week......yep. The whole week I was out of school. I could have been down in Austin having a grand o'l time; but instead, I had to sit here and do nothing....
And I know that the above statement isn't dramatic enough to constitute for a FML tag on the end..but it sure did feel good. Do you blame me?
Here are some of the illustrations I found from an article I read on
(Click on the logo)
These were some of the best-est and fresh-est pieces i've ever seen. And most of these artists are under 25...
My favorites were by:
Karol Kolodzinski is a freelance graphic designer who specializes in new media design. His style has earned him some big name clients such as Coca Cola, Ikea, and more. Sound impressive? What if I told you he was only a 20 year old college student in Poland?
Craig is not only a master of photo manipulation, but he also has the ability to master a variety of styles. While many artists tend to follow a particular style, Craig's portfolio is filled with a variety of work from photo manipulation to digital illustration.
Justin is a 25 year old graphic designer who currently lives in Melbourne, Australia. Aside from his personal work, he is also the creative director at depthCORE where he helps do a little bit of everything.
Eduardo Rodrigues is a 20 year old artist from Barcelos, Portugal. He is interested in all things design, but tends to focus on digital art and photo manipulation. He is extremely active in the online art communities of Deviant Art and Behance. To connect with him, check out his portfolio, click on his name above.
Consider the song playing on my blog right now....(It should be Serenade Melancolique, by Tchaikovsky, if not click on the latter.)
Sometimes you have to take the time out of your day to figure shit out, you know?
Take these 9:22 to think: What Am I Not Doing? Sometimes it may even be the fact that there are some things that remain to be uncontrollable or even out of your hands. Perhaps you just don't even know what to do or where to start. Or could there be an alternative?
Also, you may want to consider relieving some of the stress you already have in your life that you know you don't need to survive. For instance ladies, that man you keep around for no reason or habitually buying shoes every week doesn't sound like the best thing to do, even as the nation is clenching its teeth in hopes that Obama can lead us out of this financial disease. Men, going to the bar everyday isn't helping out your family, sure you think that your're soon to be the 3% of the population that has been laid off, but in actuality, you may be the other 97% that thinks that"they're next". BREATHING IS SOMETIMES AN OPTION, but don't do it too much or you might get lightheaded. Think about all the EXCESS. You really don't need it, do you?
If that made no sense, consider meditating because the answer could be there as well.
Know what my excess was? Doing things that didn't help me or benefit me in all of the work I do to prepare it or maintain it. Yep, it was time I sat down and realized that I was doing TOO much. Coming in from a long day, tired ALL THE TIME, feet hurting, at 19, barely enough time to wash my ass? I could understand if I was working or had a child, but I'm not. It's too much. So, I decided to drop at least one thing. So I did. I'm going to drop another as soon as the semester is over. And then I need to find a job or something to help get me some experience, not hinder me. UGH!
It may not be easy to do so in your own life, but there are ways you can make things easier, better. Just trying is enough sometimes.
Sometimes you need to give yourself a Second Chance.
You know you need to get a life when....
Just click on the video. 50....you'se a ho for that one.
I halfway want to stay here in my little cubby hole of a room so I don't have to depend on anyone else to go anywhere or do anything, or find a way to blame anyone else if my 10 -day vacation doesn't go according to hope.
Sometimes I just want to disappear, yo.
You need to be watered.
Nurtured, because after all,
we are little precious, violent, insecure flowers.
© Raven Martin 2009
It's about to be spring in a hot second.
What are you going to do with yourself?
I suggest changing at least one thing about yourself that you can change or see being different - The key is finding another part of yourself in this voyage of change and also this voyage of spiritual and mental awareness.
See there's that word change again....
- ▼ March (7)