Anais Nin: You live like this, sheltered, in a delicate world, and you believe you are living. Then you read a book… or you take a trip… and you discover that you are not living, that you are hibernating. The symptoms of hibernating are easily detectable: first, restlessness. The second symptom (when hibernating becomes dangerous and might degenerate into death): absence of pleasure. That is all. It appears like an innocuous illness. Monotony, boredom, death. Millions live like this (or die like this) without knowing it. They work in offices. They drive a car. They picnic with their families. They raise children. And then some shock treatment takes place, a person, a book, a song, and it awakens them and saves them from death. Some never awaken.

6.05.2008

Santogold ::::::Robyn::::If you didn't know, Now you know...


This woman is the best thing to grace multiple genres in a long time.

SANTOGOLD  has a sound that makes you want to just...chill and relax with some friends. Mannnn...ive been digging her since i heard "Switch and Graeme You'll Find A Way remix" on Ali Madigan( Ke*sh's home girl)'s myspace profile.

Anywhoo, the girl is the ISH... every track gets me pumped and i'm pretty sure if you got dressed to go or party while listening to this, you'd get pumped too.

She inspires me so much. UGH!!!!! I LOVE THIS GIRL!!

She makes me want to go out and party/gives me enough energy to redo my entire wardrobe. FAREAL. 

I BE ALL INSPIRED WHEN I ARROW HER MUSICA
SANTOGOLD gets 8.7 out of 10
santogold


Next,
ROBYN






















This bad mamajama is another pop sensation that i think should not be slept on. 


Robyn aka Robin Mirriam Carlsson hails from Stockholm, Sweeden. If you listen to her album closer you can hear her airy, beautiful crispy accent. Her swagger makes me want to go out and flaunt my inner Man-eater-ness. She spits, sings and croons with the sort of swagger you'd never expect from ...er... Sweeden. 


I BE ALL INSPIRED WHEN I ARROW HER MUSICA
ROBYN gets 8.0 out of 10

On The Record with Robyn

No comments: