Anais Nin: You live like this, sheltered, in a delicate world, and you believe you are living. Then you read a book… or you take a trip… and you discover that you are not living, that you are hibernating. The symptoms of hibernating are easily detectable: first, restlessness. The second symptom (when hibernating becomes dangerous and might degenerate into death): absence of pleasure. That is all. It appears like an innocuous illness. Monotony, boredom, death. Millions live like this (or die like this) without knowing it. They work in offices. They drive a car. They picnic with their families. They raise children. And then some shock treatment takes place, a person, a book, a song, and it awakens them and saves them from death. Some never awaken.

9.28.2008

The Ticketed Experience...Santogold, Low VS Diamond, DJ ATRAK

THIS CONCERT WAS FUCKING EXHILARATING....

I could barely take pics and vids i was so hype!!!

First, Low V.S. Diamond came out. I liked them. They had a great sound and there were pretty cute band members. The lead singer had a nice voice. They played well.
At least the sound people didn't fuck their music up by trying to adjust the sound WHILE the concert was going on just because they weren't the main act..It's happened before...but anywho..


The video you're about to see I think is "Heart Attack".. i'm sorry if it isn't..
(the above link will lead you to another blog where you can download the song.)


I will gladly purchase their music.

I didn't know what to think of Plastic Little.
They were too.....i dont know...jumpy..? I was'nt feeling them at all.


But I stupidly recorded two videos of them instead of one so i'd have enough memory on my phone for Santi.

DAMN

Here's the vid of Plastic Little...you decide if you can hear the song....trust..im going to buy a digital camera so I wont have to sacrifice quality over the...um experience while taking pics and videos from my camera phone.




DJ A-Trak was nice....I think this was the first time i've seen a prof. DJ spin and scratch....it was sweet and i hear he was The Louis Vouitton Don's DJ...hmmm





Last, and NEVER least was Santogold...
She was amazzzzzzzzzinnnnnnnnnnnng and I sang every single one of her songs...
but low and behold,
scream and the avalanche will come...
Homegirl had a mixtape before her self-titled came out WTF!!!
So i'm copping this shi' SONNN....

But girlfriend did the damned thing and I was sore when I got back and the voice i'm supposed to be using for my voice class on Friday is hoarse as hell.

BY THE WAY...You can obsess here ~~~~ V~~~~~~


Here is what I DID collect from her performance

I think you can figure out what song she's singing ;-)


No comments: