Anais Nin: You live like this, sheltered, in a delicate world, and you believe you are living. Then you read a book… or you take a trip… and you discover that you are not living, that you are hibernating. The symptoms of hibernating are easily detectable: first, restlessness. The second symptom (when hibernating becomes dangerous and might degenerate into death): absence of pleasure. That is all. It appears like an innocuous illness. Monotony, boredom, death. Millions live like this (or die like this) without knowing it. They work in offices. They drive a car. They picnic with their families. They raise children. And then some shock treatment takes place, a person, a book, a song, and it awakens them and saves them from death. Some never awaken.

8.11.2009

I Love You

Amanda Blank's new album is the soundtrack I need for my trip. 

First time I heard her music: Ahhh... now I remember. It was when she was on the Santogold V. Diplo mixtape with her cover of LL Cool J's "I Need Love". Her version was called  "Love Song". I fell in love. 
No, not because it was a long-time favorite song of mine she covered and actually did well on. It was because the song was transformed in her voice and the steady chant of Santogold's cyber-like-crooning "Got my mind made up...I'm a Lady". Or maybe its just because I *heart* everyone who is in M.I.A.'s entourage.

A few tracks: Might Like You Better...yes! Although very dirty and R-rated, this song is MY type of track. I think it's because all of these crazy stupid stalking-ass boys out here cause me to ignore other people's feelings sometimes. So, essentially, this track feeds my "I don't give a damn" mood.  Shame On Me would get mad love in my car.


Buy?|Copy?|Steal?|

Hey. Go buy this. 
Now... 
Run. 
Some of the parts of this is guaranteed to be in a future party mix of yours. This album is heavy with that kind of bad-ass-bitch bravado you saw in Death Proof or with Michelle Rodriguez in any Fast and The Furious movie she was in. Most definitely a work out mix star.




I Love You
My grade:
8.6/ 10.0

2 comments:

She said...

I just blogged about this female and her album yesterday. This cd has been in heavy rotation for about a month. I love her rawness.

By the way, I found you via bangandbuns, and would like to thank you for directing me to the thecoilreview. This was just to site I have been looking for. Thank you SO much, girl!

DJ_CagedBird said...

Of course darlin!! No problem!! Need anything? Feel free to ask.

Amanda Blank is that deal. I love her rawness, especially Might Like You better. She murdered that song!!

Make sure you subscribe. I plan on doing more album reviews in the future.